BioProcess - Mineral Salts for cell cultured meat Production
The production of cell cultured meat as a meat alternative is not limited to plant based products. Innovative production processes like animal cell cultivation, known from medical and pharmaceutical science, offer alternatives to get environmental and animal friendly, authentic yet cell based meat. Bioprocessing is a smart tool for the production of meat without animal farming.
In Vitro Meat on the rise
Animal cell cultivation needs precisely matched components such as Mineral Salts as buffers and Trace Elements as nutrients. Buffering systems are needed for the regulation of the pH-value, which is generally a critical parameter for culture conditions.
Inorganic salt in the media helps to retain the osmotic balance and help in regulating membrane potential by providing sodium, potassium, and calcium ions. Trace elements are often supplemented to serum-free media. They are needed in very small amounts to ensure a proper cell growth. These micronutrients are essential for many biological processes, e.g., the maintenance of the functionality of enzymes.
Specifications for Mineral Salts for cell-based meat
Synthetic cell culture media serve the following purposes:
- Survival of the cells (a balanced salt solution, with specific pH and osmotic pressure; supplemented with various formulation of organic compounds)
- Cell growth
- Specialized functions
Chemically defined media contain ultra pure inorganic and organic ingredients. The requirements for these components vary among cell lines, and give therefore an explanation for the high number of medium formulations known in the market. Each component performs a specific function.
Our portfolio - our expertise
To support the cell culture industry, Dr. Paul Lohmann® offers a wide range of high quality Mineral Salts designed to meet the production requirements. High performance functional salts and nutritious Minerals for the cultivation of animal cells offer crucial benefits.
Benefits of Dr. Paul Lohmann® BioProcessing Mineral Salts:
- Safe and simple way to secure your biotechnological operation
- Strictly controlled raw materials and production processes – GMP and FSSC certified production sides
- Consistent and stable product quality
- Highest lot-to-lot consistency
- Controlled microbiological parameters; if needed: Low in Endotoxins and bioburden
- High performance and solubility
- Low heavy metal content
- Functional Salt Premixes can be developed
- Small volume packaging available
- Food and Pharma grades
- Kosher and Halal certified
- High value Mineral Salts Made in Germany with the possibility to individually adapt product parameters to the customer process
Minerals Salts for buffer media for artificial meat cell cultures:
- Mineral Chlorides
- Mineral Sulfates
- Mineral Phosphates
- Mineral Carbonates
- Mineral Citrates
- Mineral Succinates
Trace elements as nutrients in cultivated meat cell culture media: